WordPress Real Estate Plugin
This WordPress real estate plugin will sync with Zoo Property and import your property, team member and office details data into your local WordPress database. It will then display your office’s team member and property data through your WordPress website and provide a basic search too so users can search your site.
You can download the latest version here (V1.2 – released 10/10/2011)
Installation and Setup Instructions
1. Make sure you have a version of WordPress setup and installed.
2. Open the plugin zip and copy the “Realty” directory into your wp-plugin directories.
3. You also need to download zoo property api plugin ( Zoo property api plugin is importing your listings & agents data into your site ). Open the plugin zip and copy the “zooproperty_api” directory into your wp-plugin directories.
4. Go To Settings / Permalinks. Choose ‘Custom Structure’, and fill the field with ` /%postname%/ ` . Then press `Save`.
5. Activate these 2 plugins through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
6. This plugin create a plugin page called Zoo Real Estate / General Settings
7. Go to General Settings sub page, then
- Office ID: Add the Office ID ( your Office ID which you have entered in the Xml Parser sub page)
- Display Pagination: Sales or lease page pagination ( you can choose to display only at the bottom of page, or only at the top of page. The default is displaying both )
- Number Of Listings On Each Page: the number of listings that will display on sales or lease page. ( the default is 20 )
- Display Sold Listings For Days: you can control to display sold listings in “n” past days on the website
- Display Leased Listings For Days: you can control to display leased listings in “n” past days in the website
- Google Maps Key: Get your Google Maps Key for your site / domain by pressing the “Google Maps Key (http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html) ” link. Enter your google maps key in the Google Maps Key field.
- Walk Score Key: There is a default value for “Walk Score Key”, but if the Walk Score Key does not match your domain location, you can get a new Walk Score Key by going to a property page on the site where the key will appear.
- Team Description Chars: you can control the number of characters for the team description that appear on the team member page.
- Display Sold Properties In Search Result: check this option to display sold listings in the sales page.
- Display Leased Properties In Search Result: check this option to display leased listings in the properties for lease page.
- Number Of Latest Listings On Homepage: Number Of Latest Listings that you want to display on the Homepage. If you leave it blank, the homepage will not display any latest listings.
- Number Of Featured Listings On Homepage: Number Of featured Listings that you want to display in the Homepage. If you leave it blank, the homepage will not display any Featured listings.
- Featured Listings Id: you need to add the listing ID that you want to display as featured listings. Add as many as you want. If you leave it blank, the homepage won’t display any Featured listings.
- Quick Search On Homepage: check this option to display a quick search on the homepage
- Sort Listing By: you can set the default order / sorting of the listings on the sales and lease pages
8.This plugin creates 7 pages in wp page manager:
- Home: display latest listings, featured listings and quick search
- Sales: display all sales listings
- Lease: display all lease listings
- Sold: display all sold listings
- Lease: display all leased listings
- Team: display all team members
- Property: display property page detail ( images, description, detail, open inspections, features, google maps, walkability , agent detail )
9. To activate the quick search on the home, sales and leased pages place this code inside the tag in the sidebar.php of the current active theme:
elseif(is_page(‘sales’) || is_page(‘lease’))$realty->element(‘quick_search’);
elseif(is_page(‘home’) && $realty->settings['general_settings']['quick_search_on_homepage']==’1′)$realty->element(‘quick_search’); ?>