Agentpoint WordPress Theme
This page outlines how to setup and configure the Agentpoint real estate plugins and theme if you have purchased one of their Theme / Template websites.
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of WordPress and have the site live.
2. Copy all of the Plugins to the plugins directory (in wp-conetnt) and the Theme to the themes directory (in wp-content).
3. Login to wp-admin and go to the Plugins you then need to activate the “Realty” plugin first. After this you can activate any other plugins.
Note: the Subscriptions Manager plugin is dependent on the Realty plugin. If it is activated while the Realty plugin is not then you will see the “white screen of death” and won’t be able to see the site or log into wp-admin. If this happens you need to rename the Subscriptions Manager plugin in the plugins directory which will bring your site back online.
4. Then go to “Permalinks” in General Settings and select ‘Day and name” or “Month and name” or “Custom”. We also use Custom and /%postname%/
5. Go to Settings – Reading and set:
- Front page = Home
- Posts page = Blog
If these pages do not exist then you need to add them to the wp page manager.
6. Make sure the Zoo Property API plugin is activated. You now need to login into your developer’s account in Zoo Property and set the API to point at your website. You do this through going to the ‘Offices” tab which will display a list of Offices in your account. You then select the “API” link and this will take you to a page where you enter the target site for the API.
- Check ‘Enable HTTP API”
- Website Name: Enter the url for the target site “http://www.sitedomain.com.au”
- Property Notification: Enter the url with /index.php for the target site “http://www.sitedomain.com.au/index.php”
You can view more information about the HTTP API.
7. Go back into wp-admin to “Zoo Realty” and click on ‘General Settings”. You need:
- Set the office id from Zoo Property (you can see this in the API page from step 5.)
- Set the Google Maps Key
- Set the Walkability Key
- Configure other options as needed.
8. You need to then go to “Listing Pages” in Zoo Realty. You then check the pages you’d like to be created with the appropriate Short Codes. Once you press save these pages will be created in the wp page manager.
9. Then go to Appearance – Themes and activate the theme.
10. Go to Appearance – Widgets this is where you add the widgets to the different pages, eg Homepage, Property Page and the different sidebars throughout the site. Some widgets allow you to configure the widget after you’ve placed it in the necessary widget area. Other widgets are configured in the Zoo Realty plugin pages.